Walking in Ireland: Irish Trails and Coillte outdoors
Irish Trails and Coillte outdoors:
Coillte is the leading forestry company of Ireland. It gives you a huge range of opportunities to have very good recreational activities, it provides you with many information about various outdoor activities (walking, hiking, long distance trails, cycling, fishing, watching wildlifeacross, having picnic) accros the country.
The National Trails Office was established in 2007 by the Irish Sports Council. Its purpose is to promote the use of recreational trails in Ireland. The website www.irishtrails.ie is very useful and gives you many information that will help you if you want to discover Ireland on foot. 580 trails are listed, and TNTO promotes standards and good practice for trail development, it undertakes promotional work aimed at increasing awareness and usage of walking trails in Ireland.
http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/ and http://www.irishtrails.ie/ are two really good websites that I used for many of my trips throughout Ireland. It’s really nice to discover the land and scenery of rural areas. In Ireland you can live, you can have fun and you can breathe! You can breathe pure oxygen!
Text: Freddy D.
Photo: Freddy D.
- Connemara Diamond Hill A Sepia featured © Copyright 2012 Freddy D.
- Connemara Diamond Hill A© Copyright 2012 Freddy D.
- Killarney Park Trail © Copyright 2012 Freddy D.
- Connemara Diamond Hill little man © Copyright 2012 Freddy D.
- Killarney Park View © Copyright 2012 Freddy D.
- Connemara Diamond Hill © Copyright 2012 Freddy D.